Do Solar Panels Produce on Cloudy Days?
Yes, solar panels produce on cloudy days and even when the sun isn’t directly shining on them.
From the moment of sunrise to the moment of sunset, the photo-reactive elements of the solar panels are producing energy, even on cloudy days.
If the sun is shining bright, of course then panels are producing at maximum efficiency. Any diminishment in the direct sunlight will affect the panels in direct proportion to how much light is blocked by clouds and precipitation. The production of you solar panels will be lower on a cloudy day, but they will absolutely still be working for you!
We use the weather averages for your area to help predict and warranty your panel’s production. Colorado is known for having over 300 days of sunshine, but you should have somewhere around 360+ days of solar energy production. With our unique climate there is rarely a zero production day in Colorado.
Watching your SolarEdge Monitoring system, you’ll be able to actually see what the clouds do to the production of solar energy. The monitoring platform provides enhanced PV performance monitoring and yield assurance through immediate fault detection and alerts at the module level, string level and system level. EcoMark Solar will monitor your production and alert you if there are any issues with your production.
Yes, solar panels produce energy on cloudy days.
Colorado is known for its 300+ days of sunshine – making Colorado one of the best places for residential solar energy. You’ll help the environment, increase the value of your home, save tons on your energy bills seeing a return on your investment quicker than you ever thought possible.
Contact us for a free in-home evaluation.
Frequently Asked Questions
- So what is the Solar Investment Tax Credit?
- Battery Storage and Solar – How does it work?
- Solar Panels: Optimizers vs. Micro-Inverters
- Environmental Impact of a Single Solar Home
- What happens when your solar system gets hit by hail?
- Are Solar Panel Warranties Transferable?
- Do I Need a New Roof Before I Get Solar Panels?
- Do Solar Panels Produce on Cloudy Days?
- Can HOAs prevent us from getting solar?
- What is Net Metering?
- How Do Solar Panels Perform During Winter?
- What Are the Financial Incentives When You Invest In Solar For Your Colorado Home?
- DIY Solar Panel Installation: Can I Install My Own Solar Panel?
- Can Solar Energy Ever Fully Replace Fossil Fuels?
- How Do Solar Panels Work?
- How Do I Know if Solar Panels Work on My Denver Home?
- What Does the Solar Panel Installation Process Look Like?
- How Much Maintenance Do Solar Panels Require?
- How Does Solar Energy Help the Environment?
- How Many Residential Solar Panels Do You Need?
- What Happens to My Solar Energy Production When the Days Get Shorter?