How Much Service do Solar Panels Require?
It’s important to understand how to service solar panels in order to keep your panels working well for years to come.
When deciding to purchase solar panels for your Colorado home, you need to consider the service requirements of the panels. Consider also the warranty offered on your solar panels. A strong warranty can allow you to enjoy peace of mind after solar panel installation, as you will know that your investment is protected.
Solar Panel Servicing
Solar panels generally require very little serving. They are very durable and should last around 25-30 years with no maintenance. The only maintenance you should need to perform is to wash them clean of dirt and dust two to four times a year, which you can easily do with a garden hose. This basic cleaning routine ensures that the sun can shine brightly on the panel, maximizing the amount of light available to turn into electrical power. Watch out for leaves or snow falling on the panels so you can clear them away as quickly as possible.
Solar Energy Warranties
Reputable solar energy companies provide warranties on their solar panels that last for at least 15-25 years after installation. The warranty should guarantee that the solar panel output doesn’t fall below a certain level during this time. Solar panel warranties are transferable to new home owners should you sell your home.
In general, peak power output from a solar panel shouldn’t fall below 85 percent for the first 25 years of the panel’s life. Look for solar companies that are prepared to guarantee this level of performance. Be wary of solar energy companies that don’t offer a warranty, as professional solar panel maintenance can cost as much as $2,000 over the life of the solar system.
Solar panels can help you save money on your energy bills, but you must maintain them well and ensure you get a good warranty. Find out how many solar panels your home needs and get answers to other commonly asked questions about solar energy from EcoMark Solar. Check out our First Time Buyer’s Guide to Solar Energy to learn more about solar panels and find out what you need to do to maintain them.
Frequently Asked Questions
- So what is the Solar Investment Tax Credit?
- Battery Storage and Solar – How does it work?
- Solar Panels: Optimizers vs. Micro-Inverters
- Environmental Impact of a Single Solar Home
- What happens when your solar system gets hit by hail?
- Are Solar Panel Warranties Transferable?
- Do I Need a New Roof Before I Get Solar Panels?
- Do Solar Panels Produce on Cloudy Days?
- HOAs and Solar Panels, how does it work?
- What is Net Metering, and how does it work?
- How Do Solar Panels Perform During Winter?
- What Are the Financial Incentives for Going Solar?
- DIY Solar Panel Installation: Can I Install My Own Solar Panel?
- Can Solar Energy Ever Fully Replace Fossil Fuels?
- How do Solar Panels Work?
- Solar Panels in Denver Are Popping Up Everywhere
- What Does the Solar Panel Installation Process Look Like?
- How Much Service do Solar Panels Require?
- How Does Solar Energy Help the Environment?
- How Many Solar Panels Do You Need?
- Solar Energy Production: What Happens When the Days Get Shorter?